Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Using The Law Of Attraction to “Feel Better”?

Had a really interesting conversation with a young lady who was going through a situation and I told her “…everything was gonna be alright.”
She got upset with me.
I asked her why was she upset and she said, “because of your response…”
So, I asked her, “How were you expecting me to respond?” and she says, “Well when I tell most people what I just told you, they would say “I’m so sorry to hear that”, or something similar ”
So I asked her, “Does it make you feel better when people say that?
She says, “Well it makes me feel that people care.”
Geez.
So because I don’t feel “bad” about her situation, she assumes I don’t care???
I think we are programmed for misery and anytime something shows up differently, it doesn’t feel right.
And the real question to answer here is, “Should me feeling bad make you feel better about your situation??” I would hope not
When has someone feeling bad about something ever made, you feel good? I would assume never…unless your intention is to make them feel bad, and that’s the case, that’s another story.
The one thing you can always control in your life is the ability to change the way you feel about a situation. Though you may feel you can’t change the situation, you can choose to feel bad, or you can choose to feel good. And 9 times out of 10, feeling good will ‘change’ the situation.
Practical Application
Keep your vibrations up….no matter what. Don’t feel bad if someone else feels bad because it’s not going to make them feel better. The positive energy from YOU keeping your vibrations up will help them 100 times more than “Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that…” or “I feel so bad for you..bla, bla, bla”
View the original article here

No comments: