Wednesday, September 11, 2019

I Visualised, Believed And Won The Award!

The Secret Story of The Week:
By Lynn, from the UK

Thank you, thank you thank you to The Secret team and every person that was involved in bringing joy to billions. You have touched my life and helped me to turn gratitude into gold. I am truly blessed to have had The Secret, The Power, The Magic and Hero brought into my life. Thank you with all of my heart.
I was browsing online one day for other members of my chosen profession in life. I stumbled across one young woman who had won an award. This award is only given to one person each year for a particular category of our profession. The young woman was standing there in her gown holding her award which was in a frame. I stared at the picture of her and thought 'Wouldn't it be great if I could win that award. I'd feel amazing.'

In fact, I already felt amazing just thinking about it! I had really hooked into my desire and felt all energised and revved up, like crackling butterflies in my tummy, jumping with excitement. I dropped the laptop that I had been viewing her picture on and started pacing about my room with all this energy, thinking about how wonderful it would be to have already won this award.

All of a sudden, a thought came to my head that if I won, I would write a letter to a hero of mine within my profession. But I didn't want to wait that long! So I grabbed my laptop and started bashing a letter out as if I already had won. I left a gap in the letter for where I would paste the photograph of me winning, so that they could see.
Now, I wasn't sure how I was going to win. All I knew was that the very idea of me winning made me feel really, really good!

The next couple of months another woman placed an advertisement, needing someone with my skills. Something drew me to her, and I agreed that I would interview for the position. I did the interview and it went amazingly well. I already knew she loved me! And sure enough, she contacted me and said I'd gotten the position.

Now, I had not mentioned to anyone about my dreams of winning this award. In my own private time, while walking home from the train station or walking to my sister's house, I re wrote my letter in my head and imagined how good it would feel to finally paste in the picture of me winning the award. Sometimes I couldn't help but smile to myself and do a little 'skip' in the road at the sheer, beautiful thought of it all.
So without my saying a thing, the woman I was now working for emailed me one day to say that she thought I was eligible for the award and had put forward an application for me. I was so pleased and sincerely grateful and glad that she had enjoyed what I'd done!

A few weeks later, she called me and before I answered the phone, I knew what it was about. She called me to tell me that I had been chosen as one of the 3 final nominees out of hundreds of people and I was to go the awards ceremony. I was thrilled!

Another few weeks later and I'd moved onto not only writing the letter to my hero in my head, but also sent text messages to myself as if I was texting my family, friends and loved ones to tell them I'd won. I was picturing their reactions in my head!

So when I went to the awards ceremony and watched the presenter open the envelope, I knew, like I knew, like I knew, that it was going to be my name that would be read out. I had even prepared a little speech.

Sure enough she read out my name and I accepted my award and as I was walking down the stairs after giving my speech, a photographer pulled me to the side and took a picture of me holding my framed award.

I was shaking as I was having the photo taken because I realised the law of attraction was a very real thing! As I walked away from the photographer, I smiled and thought, finally, I had the picture for my letter to my hero.

I am sending it tomorrow. I'm imagining them opening the letter and feeling good about how much they have inspired me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

 
Gratitude Reminder
The daily practice of gratitude is one of the conduits by which your wealth will come to you. When you put feeling into the words “Thank you,” you give the words wings. Saturate the words with the feeling of gratitude.
 
What are you most grateful for right now?

A practical 28-day journey into the transformative power of gratitude. 
The Magic, by Rhonda Byrne. 

No comments: